Quick Tip: Deliberate Intention
This past weekend I was boot fitting a psychologist and we got to talking about technique and such. As I was coaching him in Athletic Stance while in ski boots, he remarked it will be a task for him but he will focus with Deliberate Intention. I immediately said to him “that’s an awesome phrase and concept”. I had never heard that before, but it absolutely resonated with me. The very thought of choosing a part, or focusing on a skill or task make for a very redeemable life. Lacksadalsicle and haphazard executions are not the best blueprint for development and accomplishments, but Deliberate Intention is.
How could you use Deliberate Intention;
1. Before pushing off from the top of the slopes focusing on how your soles, ankles, and shins lure the ski to action.
2. Aligning your hands, arms, and torso for best amount of downward drive while stand up paddling.
3. Focusing on diaphragmatic breathing for anxiety in life's daily challenges and during competition or activity.
4. Making a plan of success with mini milestones and then check the boxes once you accomplish and attempt them.
5. When it comes to a health and fitness plan, keep your goals in perspective and go achieve!
For those of you that are interested, look up pre frontal cortex and the frontal cortex of the brain. A better understanding of their functions just might motivate your training, life, and goals and enhance well-being.
Leave a comment